Defenders of Khelb
- a hole you say? – buy a portable hole.
- Buy a calligraphers toolkit
- Where’s mom and dad – Rastaputka hasn’t been answering her sending stone. Figure out what is up with her and dad, and Chloe and Satine
- The powers that be, in Silverymoon, want to speak with Rastaputka about her knowledge regarding the 3 khelbian artifacts.
- Rescue Amitreene – Amitreene, a fellow companion is being held prisoner by the fire giant Duke Zalto in Iron Slag. She needs to be rescued. Iron slag is a fortress built inside of a mountain. Seems near impossible to penetrate.
- We made a deal with him. If we can bring him the Maegara, he will exchange it for Amitreene. However, it may be better to try to spring her.
- Is there a better way to save her? Can we make a deal with someone powerful enough to cast “wish”, so that she can be wished back to us without the kidnapping ever having happened
- The wizard in Everlund, Fixtus offered to make a scroll of teleportation focused on his teleportation circle for an additional 3,000
- If we tell the Lathandarites about the maegara, they might be willing to go get it and deal with Zalto themselves, if we can get them to swear to negotiate for Amitreene first.
- the death curse – people can’t be raised anymore, and those that have been raised in the past are dying from a strange disease. How can this be stopped?
- It is believed the Lich Acererak is responsible
- Deadsnows Treasure We know the giant octopus in the lake outside of deadsnows are guarding a cave with air in it. They will let someone with a halfmoon pendant go to the cave. Sparrow/Gyrlass has an amulet fitting the description. We should try to track him down and either convince him to come back with us, or see if we can either borrow or buy the amulet.
- Our former companion, sparrow, has a brooch that points to something (treasure?), underwater in a lake outside of Deadsnows (might be giant octopus’s there ).
- In communing with the Octopus, they know exactly where the underwater cave is, but they are protecting it. The Moon Amulet that Sparrow has is the symbol that will show the Octopus that we belong in that cave.
- Sparrow might be in Silverymoon
- Fire giants – Fire giants have been scouted digging the ruins of Sundabar. They have destroyed the village of Newfort. What does that mean? – The giants are looking for pieces of a Vonindod( giant weapon/Golem). They are moving toward Hawks Nest and Jalantar. They are based in Iron Slag (north of Deadsnows).. They are led by Duke Zalto (fire giant). They need something from Gauntlgrymm ( Dwarven fortress far to the west)
- Gauntlgrymm is a dwarven Citadel, like Citadel Adbar, or Citadel Felbar, but this one is far in the West, in the region of the city of Neverwinter. Gauntlgrymm was a great bastion of the Delzoun empire, when dwarves ruled the Underdark, and has remained inhabited for a long time, and has been reclaimed recently by the King Bruenor Battlehammer and the clans that follow him. The Duke (Zalto) needs the Maegara to power their Vonindod once it has been built. I have not heard much, but from what I have heard I believe it is a very powerful Primordial that has been imprisoned in an iron flask, and is located somewhere in Gauntlgrymm.
- We made a deal with duke Zalto. If we recover the Maegara for him, he will trade it for Amitreene. He gave us a special Iron Flask, and a special command for capturing the creature in it. He also said not to open the flask anywhere but in his forge.
- Warn the Harpers – Duke Zalto is building the Vonidod. The Zhentarim want to ally with the giants and get them to destroy the Harpers in Everlund. We have heard this for Jasper Dimmerchasm, and I think we caught wind of this when interrogating a d-bag in stone tooth. Perhaps if we can warn the harpers, they’ll let us use their teleportation circle to go to Gauntlygrymm or candlekeep or Waterdeep.
- The Necromancer – we agreed with Ervyn, to find a cleric to travel with us to go into the crypt in exchange for his help to free amitreene. The crypt was northeast of Deadsnows. This is the Necromancer that Kal Blackbow chased through a portal from neverwinter.
- Kill a lich – Defeat the lich with the staff that Joren says he saw in his nightmare, and that wears an amulet with a demonic head with a gaping maw, the same that has been haunting Rastaputka for decades.
- Is this related to the death curse?
- Beregond Estate – Why are the Zhentarim taking over Cuslan’s estate in Everlund.
- They are preparing for the rule of the Dragons.
- Valdermort, a cleric of Bane is the head of Zhentarim in Everlund,- but is currently at the stone tooth trying to make a deal with Nightscale.-
- Valdermort, was last seen in Iron Slag, treating with Duke Zalto
- We need to clear out anyone that is possessing the Beregond estate in Everlund. It belongs to Chloe and Satine and we should be able to properly claim it and get it set up for the girls.
- The order of the Gauntlet is now standing guard around the house, will they relinquish it to the girls.
- The girls’ estate is being held for them. They just need to return to town. Bring them.
Seriously being Pondered
- The Trifecta – Recover the Sword, Staff/scepter, and Crown of Khelb to maintain the Balance.
- The sword is currently in possession of Taern Hornblade
- The crown was last seen with Yuan Tis in Pedestal
- Is the staff the same staff that Joren saw the Lich holding in his nightmare? the staff from the tomb was depicted as a staff with a dragon head held by Khelb’s wife, but the one Joren saw had a skull head instead (may be not the same staff)
To keep in mind
- Grimshaw – The order of the gauntlet wants Grimshaw captured alive
- Where’s Danaria – Danaria never made it back to Everlund. Suspicion is that Grimshaw took her to Barovia as a sacrifice.
- Zhentarim are a bunch of %()#* gobbling %
#)$ ers who %# their mother and eat #%
%#. They need to be removed from faerun for supporting evil. (after being given a chance at redemption).
- Shady Dealings Shop owners in Waterdeep* – reach Waterdeep to take ownership of the shop contracted to the company by Cuslan. Baelfyre (And Amitreene) are the last remaining party members with an ownership claim on the store. Reclaim the store. Go to Waterdeep, and claim the weapon shop that Cuslan Beregond gave us by contract.
- No City of Judgment – Why did Cuslan dead body spoken to said he did not see the City of Judgment when his soul departed?
**. Could be related to the Death curse.
- Varrus of the crushing wave – The one that attacked the caravan, looking for Cuslan. Why did he want Cuslan alive and tried to kill everyone with a mismatch of orcs, goblins and hobgoblins to do so? How did he get all the humanoids from different tribes, and under some kind of magical influence to work for him?
- The fate of Candlekeep – Candlekeep, Joren’s home, has been taken over by dragons, and a host army from the different cities of the Lord’s Alliance are requested to send troops to Waterdeep for a campaign to take the fortress of Knowledge back.
- Clues of the crown – The crown last sighting in 1372DR was in an underdark city named Pedestal, and was in possession of yuan Tis, one of them escaped with it through a portal. We have Rastaputka’s map to an entrance of the Underdark 5 days away from Pedestal.
- Cloud giants – A cloud giant castle has been sighted twice in the evermoor area. What does that mean?
- A cloud giant tower landed in Iron Slag (home of fire giants). The giant has delusions of grandeur and wanted duke Zalto to put big metal wings on his floating castle. The Cloud Giant’s name is Zephyros and I [jasper Dimmerchasm] heard him saying he wanted to make his tower the most marvelous flying tower of all the cloud giants. He has hired the help of the fire giants, who are master metal smith, to equip his tower with wings. He wants the fire giants to build the frame of the wings on his tower.
- ordning “disruption of the ordning” is something that is affecting all giants. The Ordning is a hierarchy that has been established by the god of the Giant, Annan All-father, for many ages. It puts the Storm giant at the top of the hierarchy, and rank each giant’s type down to the bottom of the hierarchy. This allows the giants to know their place in the world. With the Second Sundering, it seems like the ordning has been shattered and is no longer driving the giants as a whole, and now each giants is looking to make their own mark and outrank the other giants by their actions rather than by this divine hierarchy. Duke Zalto wants to rebuild the Vonindod, and it is his way of outdoing the other giants chiefs and be seen as the greatest of giants. This is what I gathered hearing him speak for the past years.
- I am the First and the Last – Why was Joren visited by some kind of power of light in the Tomb of Khelb? And what was this strange effect in Silverymoon Mythal that Eryl’s dad mentioned and that seemed to coincide? Why are people from Silverymoon flocking to Khelb, from what Rastaputka has reported..- Joren is dead.. How will this change things for Khelb
- Droakhorn – The Droakhorn was heard across the land.. This horn when blown in the well of dragons is heard by all. (happened). It is a call for the Dragons to unite and take what is theirs. Who blew it? How can we undo it?
- The Fate of Barrus – Barrus went to the tomb twice, and the second time came out all mad, and tagging the walls with strange symbols and the sentence “Pain is the Balance”. Amitreene recognized the symbols as the four elements and the four seasons. What does it mean? and where did Barrus go?
Closed / Finished
- Deliver Chloe Beregond to Everlund
- Rescue Satine Beregond from Bolen Sulmaster
- Finding the Stone Tooth
- Get the Orcish gold – Catch up with the orcs heading to Ironslag to bribe giants to help them kill Dragonscale. they left with a chest, and there is not much gold to be found in their lair, compared to the amount of stuff they seem to have gathered over the years.
- Kids, again – Get Courana to a safe place.
- (She’s in heaven)
- Be vewy vwey quiet, I’m hunting dwagon – Defeat the young black dragon called Nightscale by the orcs, and believed to be the “Dark Death” in Cuslan’s last words. His lair is under the Stone Tooth. But are we strong enough to face a young nasty, cruel dragon?
- Yes He’s dead.
- Nothing so Precious as a Woman’s Honor – Give Bolen Sulmaster what he deserves for what he did to Satine Beregond, even if we know he is part of the Black Network, the Zhentarims.
- Bolen is dead.
- Business Practices – Explore the Stone Tooth area to try to discover Cuslan Beregond’s secret source of weapons. – It was Nightscale the Dragon who had them. Where is the Lair?
- The lair was understone tooth in an old dwarven stronghold of durgendin.
- Where are the dwarven weapons – Explore Kundrukhar further as the weapons do not seem to be in the upper guardrooms level. – Guessing they are in Nighscale’s Lair… – Yup. Nightscale had them..
- They were recovered.
- Save other kids – Felevel mentions that the dragon snatched two girls from Deadsnow, more than a tendays ago. Are they still alive? – No – The girls were found dead, floating in two water bubbles. Where are the two girls Nightscale just took? Including Chiwyll’s drunk dial?
- The girls were dead.. But we found/rescued Chiwyll’s girlfriend and her friend.
- Deadsnow’s heroes – Go to deadsnow and be heroes for killing Nightscale.
- Yup. Heroes welcome, parade, etc. Now we (Bael and Amitreene) have a house in Deadsnow.
- Unusual wolf behavior – What’s up with Emmith, Grimshaw’s newfound wolf. Why did he leave his pack to stay with us?
- No one cares.
- Hippogriffs – Our horses just died. What about buying trained hippogriffs at Hawk’s Nest? Find gold first though. – Talk to Bael and Chiwyll about their Hipex company. –
**The idea is dead as Chiwyll got recalled/reprimanded by Lathandarites.
- [[ A chosen among us? ]] – Can Joren/Khelb’s newly gained fame be used to recover the Sword of Khelb?
- Likely not.. Joren Died
- Where’s my Daddy Gone – Rastaputka has reported that Baelfyre’s father has been gone longer than normal. She is starting to worry. The underdark is a dangerous place….
- Baelfyre’s father has returned
- Olga, the hottie druid wants a captive storm giant brought to her at stone tooth. If I can bring her one, she’ll have my babies and go adventuring with me. She might be bat-sh*t crazy though.
- Turns out she IS crazy. She wants a storm giant so she can use its to tear open the water node in stone tooth and flood Faerun and turn it into another water plane.
- Chiwyll’s Honor – Bolen said the Zhentarim, framed Chiwyll for a kidnapping of his Drunk Dial. Rescue the girl, or bring back proof that he wasn’t involved. – Danaria was rescued but then disappeared with Grimshaw. We should at least check in at Everlund to see the if the written accountings we wrote arrived in Everlund.
- Grimshaw (and Karstak) returned to Everlund according to the owner of the Eeel, however, it doesn’t appear that Danaria came back.
- Grimshaw and Karstak cleared Chiwyll, but didn’t bring back Danaria Where’s Danaria
- bookstore – Visit a bookstore in yartar or silverymoon
- found it in silverymoon. bought “Dwarven for dummies”